Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I just finished painting the new drywall in my new room addition. I want to lay carpet on the concrete floor.?

My question is this: Do I install the baseboard trim before or after I put in the carpet?I just finished painting the new drywall in my new room addition. I want to lay carpet on the concrete floor.?
After. Also, as it's a concrete floor, moisture may be an issue, so I would recommend using a good quality indoor/outdoor carpet, and no padding!I just finished painting the new drywall in my new room addition. I want to lay carpet on the concrete floor.?
Install the Base first.


You do not want carpet under the base board.





AARGGGHHH. If it should even need restretched, or ever replaced, you have a nightmare. The base has to be removed, reinstalled, and repainted, and maybe the sheetrock will be somewhat damaged.





No shoe mold at all.





The carpet will be stretched, trimmed and tucked flush to the baseboard.


TELL those mechanics that it is new paint. They should trim the edges with a knife, NOT a wall trimmer. That may scar the new paint on the base. Be sure it is well dried.


sic (That may not be easily done)
you install the baseboard before the carpet using 1/2'; spacer under the base. the carpet installer tucks the edge of the carpet under the base for a hidden edge.
After

No comments:

Post a Comment