Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm painting new drywall. First coat was primer specifically for new drywall.?

Then I painted 2 coats of eggshell paint. I can see roller marks and it doesnt look uniform at all..i used good rollers and good paint..i dont know what to do to make it look uniform..;.any suggestionsI'm painting new drywall. First coat was primer specifically for new drywall.?
Go over it again. This time use more paint and don't press so hard on the roller.I'm painting new drywall. First coat was primer specifically for new drywall.?
I think what's happened is that you've used the wrong painting technique. Here's a no-fail technique for both primer and top coat:


1. always work in small areas, no bigger than 3 x 3'


2. make sure your roller is well loaded with paint


3. start your painting strokes vertically taking care to overlap


4. then turn your roller horizontal and cover the same area


5. then finish with vertical strokes again


6. don't rush


When your roller first touches the wall, you are loading the wall with paint that sits on top of the surface; the horizontal strokes actually flatten the drops of paint and the final vertical strokes flatten them even more so that all parts of the wall are evenly coated. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but it works.


Good luck!
That's odd. I only use Benjamin Moore paint. I find that other brands don't cover well at all, and make me frustrated every time. Benjamin Moore is more expensive, but after many botched paint jobs, I've found it's worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment