Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What is the best process for painting new drywall?

I used a good primer on my new drywall and a good quality paint over that. The paint now completely dry is peeling off whenever it's touched. It's getting very frustrating. What am I doing wrong?What is the best process for painting new drywall?
You may need a second coat of primer as brand new drywall tends to absorb a lot of it the first time it is covered.What is the best process for painting new drywall?
Go to the hardware store and ask for Kilz.Use Kilz paint primer first over new drywall.Then paint over the Kilz with your paint.If not it will keep soaking in to drywall.
By any chance did you use an oil-based primer and a latex paint??? If so, you'll have to strip down the wall (scrape, sand, etc.) and re-prime using a latex primer under latex paint.
Did you use Kilns? My fiancee is in constructiona nd has used it with great results...Home depot has it for not to much$$.
sounds to me its one of two problems....





moisture problem.......or





u have used a oil prime and painted with latex......





peel it all off and use oil based paint





lic. gen. contractor
I always pay someone else to paint for me as I HATE painting. Did you use a latex primer and an oil based paint? or vice versa? I think something like that happened to em when I crossed the bases like that.
Did you do any sanding before painting?


If so, did you wipe the dust off the wall before painting?
maybe use a different base for the paint. like try ceiling paint or oil-based paint





maybe its the shell of your dry wall thats cheap, does it keep peeling off with the paint?
  • hardware
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment