Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peeled off paint, left hole showing paper of drywall!?

Help! I was taking off one of those 3M hooks and the strip broke. I thought I had enough off there to just pull it off. Nope. It took the adhesive, the paint, and some of the paper from the drywall with it! Help! It's toward the middle of my wall and I really don't want to repaint the ENTIRE wall. Any suggestions? It's only about a half-inch across.Peeled off paint, left hole showing paper of drywall!?
You can get some spackle and a putty knife and skim it on there. You might want to avoid one-time and get the regular old wet stuff. You'll have to sand it after it dries, then a little bit of primer, let that dry, then paint. The stuff will suck up paint, so I wouldn't skip the primer. One-time spackle will feel really light in the container, there isn't much moisture in there, so I don't think it will stick very well to the bare gypsum. Good Luck Barbara B!Peeled off paint, left hole showing paper of drywall!?
if its down to the drywall powder you may want to put some patch on it first....if not it will probably flake out....then just try to paint just that spot...if it doesnt stick out too much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment