Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My company is called Untouchable Drywall & Painting. I've been in Business for 9 yrs and now I've got no work.?

I've been in buisness since I got out of high school. I have a young daughter and I'm responcible for employees. I can't find any work. Does anyone have any ideas?My company is called Untouchable Drywall %26amp; Painting. I've been in Business for 9 yrs and now I've got no work.?
have you tried craigslist.org? (it's free)





both posting an ad offering your services and seeing if anyone has an ad wanting to find someone to do work on their home?





are you on any business related forums that you can ask about work or post ads on?





have you gone by any devloping areas (housing or other developments) seeing if they need more help in getting the houses complete?My company is called Untouchable Drywall %26amp; Painting. I've been in Business for 9 yrs and now I've got no work.?
Have you tried your local home builders association?





In our area there are a ton of free magazines etc that are around that have tons of real estate stuff in there.





Try going to local rotary club and different organizations.





It could be that your local area isn't doing drywall and painting right now, but I would imagine if you could find different ways to network you could find some work.





I know for myself I don't think I could afford a drywall person to come in and put up a couple walls... Maybe I could? Maybe run some ads that give some basic estimates. a 10 foot wall 7 feet high would only be x number of dollars or offer free estimates or something like that.





Hope this helps.
We was in a similar situation.


we tried.





-Cutting cost to the bone


-spending lots of time on the phone trying to find work


(this did work to a degree)





but what worked for us was.





We looked at what we had and skill %26amp; Equipment and brain stormed what Else could we offer customers.





i assume you have Vans and know the local area really well and be quite fit.





if those area true you could be a local currier.





or delivery man etc.





this may sound really distasteful to you but contact reposition company and offer a service where you go into homes and clear them out of rubbish and do alittle work giving them a quick lick of paint to make them more salable.
Contact contractors you may not have done business with before. Post ads in places you haven't put them before. Try church bulletins - they are cheap to advertise in, sometimes free.

No comments:

Post a Comment