Monday, February 22, 2010

Can I just spray the canned drywall stuff on the sheetrock where I removed wall paper so that I can paint it?

It's not that big of an area and I don't want to hire someone to come do it if this will work.Can I just spray the canned drywall stuff on the sheetrock where I removed wall paper so that I can paint it?
If you are referring to the spray texture, yes. test the spray first on a piece of cardboard so you know how much comes out at one time. It is not made as a filler though.Can I just spray the canned drywall stuff on the sheetrock where I removed wall paper so that I can paint it?
you can also get a bag of drywall mud and a texture roller (made out of a type of fiber )and roll on a texture.cost about 20.00 for both + your paint.you can mix the drywall with the paint to desired consistency and you can try test on cardboard to make sure you have what you like and GO WITH IT...
You can use the spray texture but as stated it is not a filler. If you need to build up the area, try using some spackle (depending on size of area) or drywall mud to fill in. Once dry you can spray. When the texture dries thoroughly you can paint.
All the answers are spot on. The type of finish you are going to get is very forgiving with regard to the base/under surface. Small imperfections, waves, shadows, etc will be overlooked.


FYI, this is the normal wall surface finish in most homes in Florida.
  • hardware
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment