Monday, February 22, 2010

How do I prepare drywall for painting?

After removing wallpaper, I prepared the drywall by painting on primer and sealer. However, there are now some places that are rippled here and there. How do I fix this before going on to paint the wall?How do I prepare drywall for painting?
Use a taping knife to scrape off the ripples. Patch with joint compound, sand smooth, prime again, and paint. You should be good to go. Hope this helps.How do I prepare drywall for painting?
Hi,


It sounds like the water in the primer got beneath the paper facing. You can seal those spots with Gardz by Zinsser then prime over it. Gardz seals the edges of the paper that will normally blister when a water based product comes in contact.
use drywall compound and a spackle knife. apply 2 coats , let dry in between each,then sand smooth, reapply primer and sealer to those spots

No comments:

Post a Comment