Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you paint over original brown drywall?

I am painting the laundry room of my home (built in the early 1980s) which has the original light brown drywall. This means no paint has ever been applied. However the paint fades within hours after I paint it.





Is there a polymer or other substance I can use to cover the brown drywall #before# I paint over the brown drywall that will make the white paint stay and not thoroughly soak in and fades to an almost light yellowish color.





Jesus is LordHow do you paint over original brown drywall?
yes use a primer called kilz it works awesomeHow do you paint over original brown drywall?
Yes, If you are using latex, Then get a latex primer/sealer and paint it with that. Then paint with your latex paint.


Laundry room like a bath room has moisture so you might want to paint with an oil base. More expensive. for the moisture and cleans better. Then use a good oil base primer.


I would use a good water base (latex) They are almost as good as oil base now. with mildew resistance and easy to clean. Good luck. Please remember me when picking your best answer, Thankyou
You might try applying a thin coat of plaster/putty to the wall before hand, or add spackling to the walls before you reattempt.
You should have started the process with a primer coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment