Thursday, February 18, 2010

I painted new drywall with BEHR paint 4 years ago and anything that is put against it sticks to the paint?

it pulls off the first layer of drywall paper along with the paint. for example I have leather furniture and when my furniture gets pulled away from the wall it will be sticking to the paint . What can I do? I want to repaint but, am afraid of the new paint not drying.I painted new drywall with BEHR paint 4 years ago and anything that is put against it sticks to the paint?
You are experiencing a characteristic of latex paint called ';blocking';I painted new drywall with BEHR paint 4 years ago and anything that is put against it sticks to the paint?
Did you use a primer specially made to go over bare drywall? Also, buy a good paint from Sherwin or Benjamin Moore. Behr is HD's brand.
sounds like you have a lot of moisture in the room I would check that out if I was you did you prime the wall first

No comments:

Post a Comment