Thursday, February 18, 2010

Interior paint problem with bubbling drywall?

I'm painting my living room and I'm having a small problem. There's an area of drywall that bubbled after the second coat. The bubble was their from the previous owner's paint job, but it was smaller at the time.





The area peeled right off the wall. Is it possible to use a fine grade sand paper and sand it once it's dry, then repaint?





Any other tips would be appreciated.Interior paint problem with bubbling drywall?
LOL Well you posted this in dogs but I do have a suggestion. I'd sand the area down then put an primer sealer over it. Let that dry over night then repaint. I had this problem also when we first moved in to our home. It's just that there may be a problem with the paints or something that was on or in the drywall to begin with. This what the carpenter told us to do and it worked beautifully.Interior paint problem with bubbling drywall?
First of all you asked this question in Dogs. It sounds to me like the previous owners did not use primer before the paint when they repaired the wall. Sand or scape off the paint thats bubbled, fill with drywall compound, let dry, sand level, prime and repaint.
Check your roof, it might be leaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment