Thursday, February 11, 2010

Preparing drywall for paint after wallpaper removal?

I have been taking down old wallpaper in my home that dates back to the 1980's. I have most of it down and there are several spots on the drywall where the top layer is damaged and it looks kind of like peeled cardboard. I would really like to do a faux finish in this bathroom. How do I fix this drywall to make the surface suitable for painting? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Preparing drywall for paint after wallpaper removal?
did you use DIF and a wallpaper tiger for removing the paper? or did you steam it off? in either case,it sounds like you just need to put a light skim coat of mud over the area and lightly sand it prior to youre faux painting.you would do well if you thinned down the mud prior to skimming.if you are in the pensacola area,respond to my email,i am a drywall finisher with 18 years exp,if you need further help.


drywallnut_2000@yahoo.comPreparing drywall for paint after wallpaper removal?
Spread drywall mud over it and sand it off. I had the same problem! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment