Thursday, February 11, 2010

What kind of paint should I use to paint a mural on drywall (stippled)?

My daughter wants me to paint a mermaid on her bathroom wall. I have only painted with oils and acrylics on canvas in the past.What kind of paint should I use to paint a mural on drywall (stippled)?
Definitely acrylic! Oil is smelly and the solvents and some mediums are toxic. Use the safest colors (The synthetics are the least toxic, the ';permanent'; colors) and be sure to finsih with a protective coat of polymer varnish. There are great technical notes at http://www.goldenpaints.com/technicaldat鈥?/a> I would use the best you can afford as these will be the easiest to work with and won't streak. Also, cheap paints might peel. Prepare the surface with a water-based primer and I would sand lightly to help the paint adhere better. Have fun!What kind of paint should I use to paint a mural on drywall (stippled)?
You can get latex house paint in small little sample jars. This might last longer and be a better option because acrylic tends to peel or crack in the long run.





But be sure you get latex (water-based) and not oil-based paint. Otherwise, clean up will be a pain.
Regular house paint is the way to go.


My mom has painted all my brothers' and sisters' rooms over and over again, she's used house paint everytime.
i would use exterior paint, like the type you paint your house with, you can get it in shops like hOmebase or other DIY shops Good luk!!!!
You can paint acrylics on anything pretty much oils I would gesso the walls first with acrylic primer. Or you can use regular Benjamin Moore paint but that would cost you a lot more I would stick with acrylics did it before but try priming the wall What I do is use acrylic gesso and tint it with paint to get the color of the wall
use that kind of paint that is a colour you know.. that comes in reds and whites and blues... but you can never seem to find in polka dots and stripes!
probably acrylic.
oil.
acrylic with a additive go to a art shop they will tell yoou what additive you need

No comments:

Post a Comment