Thursday, February 11, 2010

Paint revealed bad drywall\sanding job, what should I do next?

I recently fixed several holes in a wall in my living room. I did a good job on most of them, but a few of them look pretty bad after I have painted. It looks like the patch I put in bulges slightly in a few places, and I can clearly see the outline of where the patch is. Can I apply another layer of plaster, sand (this time properly) and paint again? What would you guys suggest?





And I know--i'm a dumb-dumb!Paint revealed bad drywall\sanding job, what should I do next?
yes, you can try that, but if it looks too bad you might just have to replace the a 16'; width of drywall between two studs, which really isnt too difficult.Paint revealed bad drywall\sanding job, what should I do next?
I'm guessing you used a dark color, otherwise you probably wouldn't see it that badly.





If all else fails, repaint a lighter colour man.
probably best to redo the patch if you want it really nice. If you used gloss or semi gloss paint they show more flaws. Flat paint can hide minor things much better.
First, have someone else look and see if they can spot the errors. If so, then your choice is to resand and patch, etc. A drywall supply store would have the tools and expertise to advise you the techniques.
use a coarse sandpaper like a # 20 or 30 to sand out the bumps (paint and all) and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment