Thursday, February 18, 2010

Painted my 9 year old house and the paint peeled off, down to drywall, when tape was removed. how to fix it?

I painted the foyer and hallway upstairs burgandy. Home Depot told me to prime the walls first with dark primer, so I did.


The paint peeled off in large sections down to the dry wall when we removed the tape. The walls are uneven and I know I need to fix this before I can put my place up for sale. Help it is a nightmare!Painted my 9 year old house and the paint peeled off, down to drywall, when tape was removed. how to fix it?
well it's either chemical problem such as paint not sticking due to wall paper glue not fully removed from the wall ( i have this problem sorting it out now) I would recommend yoiu get a plasterer in to look at the problem i recommend you clea the walls firstly again and then when he plasters over it he will make it beautifully smooth with a special coat of primer and then plaster. The primer he uses will stop the plaster from bubbling which I would note that most( of my walls are fine now only two small patches have truly bubulled, but they haven't popped yet so here's hoping I'm right) but I would recommened plastering it is the best option I spent 拢1000 on four rooms to be plastered including ceilings.Painted my 9 year old house and the paint peeled off, down to drywall, when tape was removed. how to fix it?
did you use painters tape or duct tape, my friend? i recomend painters tape. i've never heard of such a thing.unless i missunderstood you're question.
it sounds as though the problem is that when using latex paint on taped walls ,the tape MUST be removed before the paint dries ,once dried ,pulling off the tape becomes a nightmare because the paint on the wall %26amp; tape become one surface when dry ,so remove tape as soon as you can

No comments:

Post a Comment