Thursday, February 18, 2010

What is the best way to paint around door trim and in the corners of drywall?

Should I use a paint brush or edger?What is the best way to paint around door trim and in the corners of drywall?
Paint the wall first and then edge. I use a brush. Those fancy gadgets they have out aren't worth 2 cents. Some people tape but I just find that a hassle.What is the best way to paint around door trim and in the corners of drywall?
Both. Would be my idea but the edger would help get more detail into those hard to get corners.





What you should do is take some paint tape and line the door frame and then start painting, because if you just go ahead and paint you could possibly ruin the door frame.
Edger? Never heard of it. I've always used the brush, which isn't fun. I didn't know there was anything else.
It should be fine if you have it all taped off and use a stiff edger brush. Use that blue tape and make sure alls dry before you remove the tape. A slow and steady pace will get it done. Have fun.
I'd use a brush and masking tape
Me, I use the painter's tape -- provides the edging I need and a nice, neat finish when I paint those areas. Plus, my Door trim is REAL wood, and I like Stained wood. So no, I do NOT want paint on those surfaces and do want it protected.
They sell a very light tack, tape for just this purpose, its around $3.00 at home depot or wal-mart, its usually blue in color. If you can't get to a store I have been know to use newspaper. As for dry wall, again the have drywall tape you put in the corner, use puddy to blend it in then paint right over it. This is also a good way to cover up larger holes in the wall.
put tape on the edges to block where you dont want paint to go and it will help keep your lines straight. And use a paint brush its better

No comments:

Post a Comment