Thursday, February 18, 2010

Simple question: Can I paint on drywall?

My room is drywall and I want to paint it... you can see the nails so i was planning on putting some sort of wall-puddy stuff on it (side question- do i need a specific type?) My question is can i paint over straight drywall... or will the paint make the drywall release some kinda chemical...? Please answer! 10 points!Simple question: Can I paint on drywall?
Plaster of paris to fill the holes and yes you can paint it. primer first then latex paint. makes it easy to clean off brushes also when you fill the holes when it dries there might be a little shrinkage then fill it again leave it dry then sand with a sanding screen then paintSimple question: Can I paint on drywall?
Ya, that's what most people do... the drywall just adds design to the color of your walls... thats all.
Dap makes a non shrinking nail hole filler when applied it's pink and when it's dry it's white, then you need to primer your walls the drywall will just suck up the paint and you will use twice as much if not more. Primer is cheaper. Prime then paint.
You should cover the nails with Durabond wait til it dries, sand it then use a primer(usually white) then paint. This will take more time but it will look better and last longer.


I know this from experience.


Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment