Thursday, February 18, 2010

What type of paint works best to cover imperfections on drywall?

I am finishing my own drywall but I still have a few places that I can't get smoothed out what type of paint ie: satin or semi-gloss.What type of paint works best to cover imperfections on drywall?
Unless it's a kitchen or bath, don't use semi-gloss. That accents imperfections. Don't use flat on walls. It is virtually impossible to wash. Satin or eggshell are your 2 good choices.What type of paint works best to cover imperfections on drywall?
Have you tried a different grain of sandpaper? After please use a good primer that helps.
I recommend to use primer on drywall that hasn't been painted before, it uses less paint in the long run. I also don't agree that flat covers more imperfections, I would say semi gloss.
Primer is not needed. Interior paint (flat) is self priming. And you can put two maybe three coats of Flat paint on your walls. White flat cover many imperfections. Sherwin Williams, pro mar 400 in Dover white is the highest hiding color I have found
The first thing you must do is seal the drywall with a quality primer. It has enough solids and pigmentation to cover and seal the porous surface. From there, you can use any sheen paint you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment